ISLAMABAD  - The computer lab of Islamabad College for Girls F-6/2 caught fire Saturday that gutted the lab entirely. The fire was caused by the short-circuiting of power wires completely destroyed the furniture, around 50 computers and printers of the lab.

The inferno started at the lab around 4 o' clock evening. Fire brigade was called by the security guard that overpowered the fire but by the time damage was done. According to officials, due to the short circuit nearby lying equipment caught the fire that was interconnected thus it gradually spread throughout the hall.

The smoke engulfed the college so we could not assess the exact damage, maintained Tariq Masood, Director Model College at Federal Directorate Education (FDE). Though, apparently it was a short circuit but a committee will be formed to ascertain the damage and the cause of the fire. The police have also been informed about the incident, he informed.   

Rbya Qadir, vice principal of the college when contacted refused to share any details. No one was hurt as the college was closed since Thursday due to Ashura.