RAHIM YAR KHAN

Three sons of a Sheikh Zayed Hospital employee burnt alive when a fire broke out in their residential quarter situated in Medical Colony here the other night. According to Rescue 1122, Muhammad Rafiq, an employee of Sheikh Zayed Hospital/Medical College resided in a quarter of Medical Colony of the hospital. All the family members were asleep when a fire broke out in the house the other night. Resultantly, 16-year-old Jawad, 13-year-old Hamid and 12-year-old Safian, sons of Muhammad Rafiq and another eight-year-old boy Yousaf sustained critical burns. On information the Rescue 1122 rushed the injured to Sheikh Zayed Hospital where Jawad, Hamid and Safian succumbed to their burns while the condition of Yousaf is stated to be precarious. It is to be noted that other members of the ill-fated family who were slept in the other room remained safe.The cause of the fire is stated to be a short circuit.