WASHINGTON : The US State Department disclosed Friday it is offering a $10 million reward to track down anyone behind last year’s brutal attack on a US mission in Libya, in which the ambassador was among four Americans killed. “Since January of this year, the Rewards for Justice program has had a reward offer of up to $10 million for information leading to the arrest or conviction of anyone who was involved in the September 2012 Benghazi attacks,” a State Department spokesman told AFP on Friday.

The reward was not widely publicized when it was first made available, which the State Department said was because of “security issues and sensitivities surrounding the investigation.”