BBC

Los Angeles

The Los Angeles premiere for The Hunger Games : Mockingjay Part 2 has been scaled back “out of respect for the very recent events in Paris”. Lionsgate has cancelled two hours of red carpet interviews with stars including Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth, after Friday’s attacks left 129 dead and 352 injured. Tuesday night’s Paris premiere of Tom Hardy film Legend has been called off. Part of Mockingjay Part 2 was filmed in Paris, along with Atlanta and Germany. Lionsgate’s statement said: “Out of respect for the very recent events in Paris, we have decided to modify our red carpet and we will not conduct interviews at Monday’s Mockingjay 2 premiere. “We will proceed with the rest of the event as planned in honour of the incredible fans who have always supported our films with such passion.” Mockingjay Part 2 is the final instalment in the young adult franchise featuring Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen.

Legend - in which Hardy plays both the Kray twins - was due to have its French premiere at the Olympia Theater in Paris. “Following the tragic events of this weekend, we decided to cancel the premiere of the movie Legend which was scheduled tomorrow, Tuesday, at the Olympia,” said a statement from parent company Vivendi. “We thank you for your understanding.”

Hardy was not expected at the premiere, but British singer Duffy, who stars as Timi Yuro, had been expected to give a special performance.

The Paris premiere of Steven Spielberg’s Cold War drama Bridge of Spies was also cancelled, due to take place on Sunday night. “In light of the tragedy in Paris, we have cancelled our scheduled film events,” said a statement from Fox. “Further, we stand with the people of Paris and our thoughts go out to all those affected by these horrible events.”