ISLAMABAD A three-member Supreme Court bench on Thursday expressed dissatisfaction over a report of the Capital police and ordered the customs authorities to submit a report within three days regarding a number of liquor bottles, which were confiscated by the ICT police while being transported allegedly through the NLC containers. The bench comprising Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, Justice Tariq Parvez and Justice Ghulam Rabbani gave this order while hearing the bail application of the drivers who were driving containers loaded with bottles of foreign liquor and arrested by the Capital police. Police also confiscated the liquor bottles in that operation. Appearing on notice, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Islamabad Tahir Alam informed the court that the case was being investigated and the concerned SHO was suspended for committing negligence in the matter. The Chief Justice inquired of the SSP how two containers loaded with liquor reached Islamabad from Karachi and no one checked them during the entire route besides the customs authorities had no knowledge of them. Collector Customs Sarwat Tahira Adeeb requested the court to grant her some time so that she could collect all the details of the case. Referring to a letter written by customs high-ups, the Chief Justice noted that the liquor was being transported to Afghanistan under Afghan Transit Trade Agreement (ATT whose customs duty had been paid. He said the consignment was sent through NLC containers. The SSP contended that the containers did not belong of National Logistic Cell (NLC) but the property of a person Daud Khan. Justice Ghulam Rabbani said if the NLC containers were used to smuggle liquor then it was a stigma for the country. The Chief Justice noted that the Additional District and Sessions judge Islamabad had granted bail to the drivers of the containers, besides releasing them in a hurry, which indicated that the police was also involved in the case. He said the supervisory officer in the case if found guilty would not be spared. When the SSP repeatedly apprised the court that the concerned SHO had been suspended, the Chief Justice remarked, Soon he would be made DSP. Reprimanding the SSP, the court inquired why the owner of the containers could not be arrested so far and why a case was not registered against the culprits under the Customs Act. The CJ also asked if the containers were of NLC then why its officials were not probed and why the police did not file petition in the Lahore High Court against the accused Shahzad Gul who got the legal custody of the containers. After hearing the contentions of police, the court directed the Collector Customs to complete investigation and submit report within three days. Later the court adjourned the hearing till September 20.