ISLAMABAD (Online) - The Finance Ministry has cut the funds of ministries and divisions by 20 per cent, sources said on Wednesday. These departments will be provided 15 per cent of total allocation instead of 35 per cent in the first two quarters of current fiscal year, the sources said, adding that the funds were slashed to overcome the prevailing financial crunch in the country. They added that the finance secretary was given special powers for issuing additional funds and all such funds would be approved by the secretary. The sources said the government decided to revise its policy regarding provision of funds to various departments, reducing the grant to all the ministries, divisions and government functionaries by 20 percent as these departments would be provided 15 percent of total funds instead of 35 percent.