PESHAWAR - As many as eight people including two assailants were killed and 17 others got injured, many of them critically, when a bomb planted in a car blew up outside the house of Union Nazim Bazid Khel, Faheemur Rehman, in Badabair area here Tuesday, police said. The blast occurred a day after the NWFP government signed a peace deal with pro-Taliban militants in Swat. The blast damaged outer walls of the Nazim's house and two neighbouring homes, besides two other cars, however, the nazim remain unhurt. The deceased included Zar Muhammad, Ali and Qari Khalid, while the names of the killed attackers could not be confirmed till the filing of the report. The attackers were killed when people sitting in the residence of Faheemur Rehman opened fire at them. The injured persons were rushed to the Lady Reading Hospital where some of them were stated to be in critical condition. The personnel of law-enforcement agencies rushed to the blast site and cordoned off the area. They also collected evidence from the site and started investigation. Talking to TheNation, SSP Investigations Ghulam Muhammad said it would be premature to term the blast a suicide attack. Investigations were in progress and most probably it was car bomb blast, he added. He said the local people had apprehended three suspected persons who were being interrogated. He also said that no one had claimed the responsibility for the attack so far. Around 15 to 20 kg explosive had been used in the blast, he added. Agencies add: At least eight people, including two terrorists, were killed as a car bomb exploded in Peshawar on Tuesday, a security official said. "Six people were killed and 16 were injured when a bomb fixed with a car parked at Bazid Khel locality of Peshawar went off," said an intelligence official who spoke on condition of anonymity. 'The two terrorists tried to escape after the blasts but local people spotted them fleeing and shot them dead," Peshawar City Police Chief Iffat Ghayor told reporters. He also said that a young girl was among the victims of the blasts. Meanwhile, NWFP Governor Owais Ahmed Ghani has strongly condemned the blast and termed it a cowardly act of terrorism. He also expressed deep shock and grief over the loss of precious lives. Meanwhile, President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani have strongly condemned the bomb blast. The President and the Prime Minister said the government was committed to ensure writ of the government at all costs and would not bow down to the extremists, militants and terrorists. President Zardari said acts of violence, bomb blasts and terrorism were a serious threat to the country and would be countered with an iron hand. The Prime Minister said that the government was committed to bring peace across the country and address the issue of militancy through multi pronged approach of development, deterrence and development. Gilani asked the provincial government to submit a report at the earliest and take measures to nab the perpetrators.