HAFIZABAD-PML-N workers have expressed their disappointment over the holding of indoor ceremony to inaugurate the PM National Health Programme and distribution of national cards near Hafizabad-Gujranwala Road here on Saturday.

The national cards were distributed by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi. According to original programme, a public meeting was planned to be held in model village Vanike Tarar but the venue of public meeting was changed and it was later decided to hold the ceremony in Aroos Marquee on Hafizabad-Gujranwala Road.

Invitation cards were issued to 1,000 councillors, chairmen of union councils and Municipal Committees, Ulema, traders and elite of the district. According to the invitation cards, no one would be allowed entry in the venue except invitees having CNIC and invitation card along with them. Moreover, the invitees were advised not to bring cellphones, cameras and bags with them for security reason.

Prominent among those who addressed the select gathering included Provincial Minister for Specialised Healthcare and Medical Education Kh Salman Rafiq; Minister for National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination Saira Afzal Tarar; MNA Main Shahid Hussain Bhatti and Chairman District Council Ch Afzal Hussain Tarar.

Meanwhile, a helipad was set up near the venue and foolproof security arrangements were made in and around the venue. Portraits of former PM Nawaz Sharif, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Shehbaz Sharif, Hamza Sharif, Maryam Nawaz and other PML-N leaders and welcoming banners were displayed near the venue.

HUMAN TRAFFICKER BOOKED: The police have registered a case against a human trafficker Amjad on the charge of extorting Rs750,000 from an intermediate student of Phokharpur for sending him to Italy illegally.

According to complaint submitted by Abadullah, the accused extracted the amount from him for providing lucrative job to his son Umair Ali in Italy. However, he sent him illegally to Turkey where his agent kidnapped him and subjected him to bonded labour, his father said.

He also detained and tortured him for more than six months to get more amount from his family, it was further disclosed.

However, Umair succeeded to escape from their captivity and returned to Pakistan and narrated the story of his ordeal. The FIA have started investigation against the accused.