GUJRANWALA -A newlywed youth died of suffocation while his bride fell unconscious here the other night.

As per details, Khurram Waqar, a resident of Nowshera Road tied the knot with Sumaira three days ago. The couple slept in their room while leaving a coal stove burning. However, when the couple did not awake in the morning, the family members broke open the door and found both unconscious while the room was filled with coal gas. The couple was rushed to District Headquarters Hospital where Khurram was pronounced as dead while Sumaira was admitted in critical condition.

Meanwhile, a couple received serious burns when fire broke out in their house here. Rana Afzal, Audit Officer of the Medical College Gujranwala, was busy cooking when suddenly a bottle of petrol fell over the stove. Resultantly the room caught fire, leaving Rana Afzal and his wife with critical burns.