KARACHI - Police recorded the statement of girl witnessed the murder case of Intizar Ahmed, shot dead by Anti-Car Lifting Cell (ACLC) personnel in Defence Housing Authority (DHA).

Intizar Ahmed, was shot dead late on Saturday evening at Khayaban-e-Ittehad after the officials and personnel of the Karachi police’s specialized cell - ACLC resorted to indiscriminate fire at a White Corolla, killing a victim at the spot.

Though the police had initially claimed that the boy was killed in an act of targeted killing by at least two armed assailants riding a motorcycle, however, it later revealed that the ACLC officials and personnel were behind the brutal murder of the Intizar Ahmed. Later, the Darakshan police had arrested eight of the nine ACLC personnel while the remaining one has yet to be arrested.

Though it was revealed that a young girl was also accompanied by a victim at a time of incident, however, the girl was disappeared since the incident occurred as she had left the site of the incident on rickshaw.

On the victim’s father demand, the police traced and approached the girl and recorded her statement. According to the sources in the police, the girl has recorded her statement with the police saying that she was accompanied by Intizar when the incident occurred but she maintained that she did not see the culprits who opened fire at Intizar.

“Shortly after we got burgers, Intizar’s friend came and shook hands with him but Intizar did not get out of the car,” she told the investigators. “Suddenly, a black colored car started to follow the car and tried to block our car. Soon after another car and a motorcycle came and attempted to stop Intizar. They opened indiscriminate fire at the car when Intizar sped up a car.” She further said that she could not understand what had happened at the time of the incident even she continued to ask the Intizar about the situation but he remained silent.

The police investigators have also obtained the initial forensic report of the weapons used in the incident which revealed that the two 9mm official pistols were used in the incident, adding that one weapon had fired 12 round while another six.

On the other hand, Ishtiaq Ahmed, a father of the victim has demanded the investigators to collect the cell phones data of the girl as well as the cops arrested in connection with the murder of his young son who had recently arrived from Malaysia on winter break.