ISLAMABAD - The Islamabad High Court (IHC) Tuesday constituted a one-member inquiry commission to probe into the May 23 incident when dozens of Sikh protesters had succeeded to enter the Parliament House.
In this regard, Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui appointed sessions judge Islamabad Raja Jawad Abbas to investigate into the incident and submit the report within a fortnight.
On the previous hearing, the IHC bench had directed an Additional Deputy Commissioner General (ADCG-East) Captain (retd) Abdul Sattar Esani, assistant commissioner secretariat Noman Yousaf and SP city Mustansar Feroz to appear before the court.
Therefore, all the three officials appeared before the court and court inquired from ADCG that under what law he had allowed the protesters to enter the red zone of Islamabad when section 144 was promulgated in the area.
The ADCG replied that he was told that the protesters wanted to protest in front of Islamabad’s National Press Club. Justice Siddiqui also inquired from SP city that how he failed to protect the red zone that was his responsibility.
After the said proceedings, Justice Siddiqui adjourned the proceedings in the matter for 15 days.
The court issued above-mentioned directions while hearing the petition of two suspended Islamabad police officials who were suspended after the Sikh protesters on May 23 had successfully penetrated the security and succeeded to enter the Parliament House.
The counsel for the petitioners contended before the court that his clients SP security Habibullah Niazi and DSP Cabinet Hussain Lasi were the victims of selective punishment.
It is pertinent to mention here that on May 24, Inspector General (IG) Islamabad had suspended five police officials for negligence that included SP Habibullah Niazi, DSPs Hussain Lasi, Fida Satti, Safeer Bhatti and Mohammad Arshad.
The counsel Tariq Mehmood Jehangiri Advocate adopted that his clients were made scapegoat as their duties were to check security of the Parliament House and it was not their duty to counter protesters or protecting the Red Zone.
Jehangiri maintained that higher officials suspended the lower and promoted officials and took no actions against the CSPs. 
The two police officials had cited Ministry of Interior, IG police, chief commissioner, assistant inspector general (operations) and the additional deputy commissioner as respondents and argued before the court that their suspension orders were unjustified.
The petitioners prayed to the court to order revocation of their suspension, declare the inquiry proceedings unlawful and a judicial and impartial inquiry of the incident may be ordered.