ISLAMABAD  - The National Accountability Bureau initiated inquiry into a reference filed by Minister for Interior Rehman Malik against the PML-N chief Mian Nawaz Sharif on charges of money laundering. “We have received the reference and initiated inquiry into the matter,” said NAB spokesman Zafar Iqbal, addressing a press briefing here Thursday.He said Rehman Malik, in a media talk, had mentioned two references against Nawaz – of those one had been filed in NAB while the other had been forwarded to Public Accounts Committee.However, he did not clarify as whether the reference with NAB pertains to the alleged embezzlement of $32 million or the other one.“As we are yet scrutinising the documents of the reference, it would be disclosed later as how much amount involved in this case,” he told the media. He rejected the impression that President Asif Zardrai had directed NAB chairman to suspend inquiries against Nawaz Sharif rather he had directed him not to commit any political victimisation like the one the former had been facing in the past. The spokesman said reference had been referred to the investigation team which started examination of the received documents assuring that the decisions would be taken on merit.  He said so far, NAB had recovered Rs2.012 billion from the parties involved in the Rental Power Plants case after the Supreme Court handed it over to them on March 13, 2012.He said Rs 1,091 million have been recovered from Pakistan Power House and Walters International, Rs546 million from Techno Energy, Rs50 million from Young Gen, Rs225 million from Gulf Plant and Rs100m from Reshma Power Plant and that the process was yet going on.He said that NAB recommended placing Federal Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf and two former federal ministers on Exit Control List; however the recommendation was yet to be executed. However, he said the recovery would follow the initiation of probe into criminal liabilities against any of these accused. He said Pervaiz Ashraf had already recorded his statement with NAB, adding no money had yet been recovered from the said three ministers as the investigation team was yet examining the case. To a question about NAB’s stance on writing letter to Swiss authorities, the spokesman said they had already drafted a letter but the Supreme Court said it should be written by the Attorney General with the approval from Prime Minister.Regarding NICL case, he said the defence ministry was investigating the military officials while the case of a civilian CFA Saeed-ur-Rehman is under-probe in NAB.