LAHORE – A 35-year-old man, who went missing under mysterious circumstances two days ago, was found dead from Kot Lakhpat police precincts on Saturday.

Father of two, Muhammad Aslam, said to be the resident of Mian Channu and was working at a local factory situated in the Industrial Area of Kot Lakhpat.

A factory worker told the police that Aslam went missing since last two days. On Saturday morning, some passersby spotted his body lying in a pool of blood on the road near the factory, where he was working. The police reached the spot and removed it to the morgue for an autopsy. Police said that unidentified killers slaughtered the man with a sharp-edge weapon and fled away after throwing the dead body in the area. The police have registered the case and are investigating with no arrest made so far.

Meanwhile, unidentified men kidnapped a trader of spare-parts from Baghbanpura police limits. Police identified the victim as Ashfaqur Rehman, resident of Shalimar Town. Police have registered a case and are investigating.

TWO KILLED: Two people were killed in road mishaps which took place in different parts of the City on Saturday.

Resident of Raiwind, Muhammad Arif, riding a motorcycle was on his way home when a tractor-trolley bumped into his two-wheeler in Adda Plot locality. The man died on the spot while the driver managed to escape from the crime scene.

In another incident, Adnan was killed when a rashly driven vehicle ran over him near the motorway. The police had handed over the dead bodies to the families after fulfilling legal formalities. Further investigations are underway.

HURT: Three people were wounded when huge fire erupted inside a warehouse located near the shrine of Madhu Laal Hussain in Shalimar police precincts, rescue workers said on Saturday night.

Two of the injured were provided first aid treatment on the spot while the third was shifted to the Shalimar hospital, rescuers said.

It was not clear yet what caused the fire as the fire fighters were struggling hard to put out the fire in the densely populated vicinity.

Rescuers workers said that at least 10 fire brigade units were sent to the spot soon after the incident due to the intensity of the fire. Senior government officers also reached the spot to monitor the operation.

Local residents said that the people were immediately evacuated from the adjacent buildings as the godown structure collapsed hours after it caught the fire. The fire fighters were trying to extinguish the fire till filing of this report.