LAHORE – A court ordered departmental action against the Shahdara SHO on a petition seeking direction of case against the police for raiding a public meeting of a former adviser to chief minister.

Additional District and Session Judge Malik Tariq Mehmood Zargham directed the Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) to take action against Shahdara SHO on a petition against him for raiding the public meeting of a former adviser to chief minister on the direction of MNA Malik Riaz.

Petitioner Muhammad Mushtaq Khan contended the court that he arranged procession of Mian Mahmood Ahmed, former adviser to the Punjab chief minister, who is also contesting election for National Assembly seat from NA 118 as independent candidate.

He submitted the court MNA Malik Riaz made an attempt to foil the meeting by directing the SHO to conduct raid at procession. He said they announced a procession on September 23 but on 22nd, the SHO warned them of dire consequences.

On the said date police officials conducted raid and arrested some workers. Later, police officials implicated them in forged gambling case and recovered five mobiles and money from them. He prayed the court to pass direction for registration of case against SHO who illegally conducted raid and arrested seven workers and then implicated them in forged case.

Upon which the court directed the CCPO to take action, if any official was found guilty.

Meanwhile, Additional District and Sessions Judge Abdul Qayum granted pre-arrest bails for October 25 to actress Khush Bakhat alias Sofia Mirza and her sister Maryum Mirza against furnishing bails bonds of Rs50,000 each.

Sofia Mirza and her sister contended the court that they were innocent and have nothing to do with Fatima’s abduction. They implored the court that prosecution was totally false and fabricated.

The FIR got registered by Rukhsana Zahid, mother of abducted Fatima, submitted that on October 12, her daughter went to collage but did not turn up. They tried to contact with her but her cell phone found not responding. She further stated in FIR that she again contacted on Fatima’s phone and talked with her for a while but she could not clearly listen her.

Later, she contacted with the head office of a cellular company where they got the record of her calls and it came to light that Fatima was in contact with Maryum Mirza and Sofia Mirza. After that she asked from them about her daughter but they refused to tell any thing..