LAHORE- PML-N President Nawaz Sharif on Saturday called upon the private hospitals not to exploit the dengue patients, whose number, with the passage of time, is going up in the provincial metropolis. Talking to reporters after visiting the Jinnah Hospital, he said he had come to know that private hospitals were charging a dengue patient between Rs 35,000 to 50,000, which was unfair. At most, he said, the hospitals should charge their actual cost, not more than that. The epidemic, he said, posed a challenge to the entire nation and no one should try to use the situation to make financial gains. This was time to serve the ailing humanity, said the former prime minister, who is due to start a visit to flood-hit Sindh on Monday to express solidarity with the victims. Nawaz said the Sharif Medical City and Ittefaq Hospital had reserved hundreds of beds for dengue patients and were providing free treatment or were charging only for medicines. He said 10 new blood test centres had been set up in the provincial metropolis and those who tested positive for the disease would be referred to hospitals. Another 15 such centres would be set up during the next few days, he said. The PML-N chief was all praise for Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif for making efficient arrangements to deal with the disease. He said a better performance was simply not possible. He said his brother had imported medicines and machines and had also invited a team of experts from Sri Lanka for quick treatment of the deadly virus. He believed that as a result of concerted efforts being made for the purpose, dengue would be defeated. He quoted Jinnah Hospital chief Dr Javed Akram as saying that only 10 per cent of those visiting hospitals were suffering from dengue and the remaining 90 per cent were coming only to get tested and ensure that they did not have the symptoms. He said dengue attack would come to an end by December, the month by which the deadly mosquito would disappear. However, he said, more serious preparations would be needed to ward off the problem next year. The former prime minister called upon the well-off people to use their resources for the welfare of the suffering humanity. He said the general public should also play their role in combating the disease. He said since cleanliness played an important role in warding off the infectious disease, they should keep their homes neat and clean. He denied that he had used his recent Sindh visit to make political gains. The visit was aimed at expressing solidarity with those hit by the worst ever floods, he maintained. Answering a question about the Karachi situation, he said indiscriminate action should be taken against the outlaws, no matter which party they belonged to. He said unless those responsible for the murder of Hakim Saeed, firing on innocent people and the May 12, 2007 killings were brought to justice, peace in Karachi could not be expected. Senator Pervaiz Eashid and MNAs Hamza Shahbaz and Khwaja Saad Rafiq were also with the PML-N chief at the news conference.