VIENNA  - Iran’s nuclear chief said Monday that “explosives” were used last month in an attack aimed at cutting the power supply to an underground enrichment facility but that the plant suffered no damage.“On... 17th August 2012, the electric power lines from the city of Qom to the Fordo complex... were cut using explosives,” Fereydoon Abbasi Davani told the 155-nation International Atomic Energy Agency gathering. Abbasi Davani did not accuse anyone, but in the past Iran has pointed the finger at Israel and the United States for assassinations of its nuclear scientists and computer viruses targeting its atomic facilities.Fordo is a key site in Iran’s nuclear programme, dug deep into a mountain to protect it against air strikes and enriching uranium to purities of 20 percent, a short step from the 90 percent needed for a nuclear weapon.Abbasi Davani said in his speech, however that because Fordo had a back-up power supply and diesel generators, “we did not witness any kind of damages at Fordo,” he told a later news conference through an interpreter.He said that an earlier sabotage attempt had also been directed at the power supply at another enrichment facility, Natanz, but he did not say when this had taken place.He also said that a “very small amount of explosives” had been detected in 200 pieces of vacuum equipment used in the enrichment process which it bought three or four years ago.Abbasi Davani also said he had repeated Monday a request to IAEA chief Yukiya Amano for the agency to provide less detail in its regular quarterly reports on Iran, saying they could fall into the hands of “terrorists.”Davani also blamed the IAEA for the failure of a string of meetings this year aimed at clarifying the agency’s suspicions that prior to 2003, and possibly since, Iran had a structured programme of activities it said were “relevant to the development of a nuclear explosive device.”The Italian embassy in Tehran will represent Canada’s interest in Iran after the two countries broke off diplomatic relations, the Italian foreign ministry said in a statement on Monday.“Foreign Minister Giulio Terzi today announced Italy’s decision to respond positively to the request to represent Canadian interests in Iran following the closure of their embassy in Tehran,” the ministry said.“This decision was taken based on the traditional relations taken with this important friend and ally. Italy will ensure the protection of Canadian interests in Iran respecting international convention.”While, Russia said Monday ministers from the world’s six big powers plan to meet with Iranian negotiators to discuss the Islamic state’s nuclear crisis on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly meeting next week.Deputy Foreign Minister Gennady Gatilov told the Interfax news agency that the meeting “has been planned. But no final decision on it has been taken yet.”He said the five permanent UN Security Council members - Russia, China, the United States, France and Britain - plus Germany intended to hold the talks during the so-called “Ministerial Week” that kicks off at UN headquarters in New York on September 24.Gatilov on Monday said Russia remained “convinced that unilateral sanctions undermine the chances of the resumption of the negotiating process with Tehran, and also significantly hurt the unity of the the six” powers at the talks.