QUETTA - Two dead bodies were recovered from two separate areas of the provincial capital on Tuesday. Police found a dead body from Essa Nagri area and shifted it to the Civil Hospital for medico-legal formalities.

However, the identified of victim could not be confirmed. Police quoted doctors as saying that the deceased was sharpened to death.

Separately, police on a tip-off found a dead body from Eastern Bypass area and shifted it to Civil Hospital for autopsy. Police said the deceased seemed to be an addict.

However, his identity is yet to be ascertained. Police have registered separate cases and started investigation. Voice for Baloch Missing Persons (VBMP) Chairman Nasurrallah Baloch has said that his life is in danger thus he has sent a letter to the Supreme Court registrar and the United Nations.

Addressing a press conference at the VBMP’s token hunger-strike camp that enterd 907 days on Tuesday, he alleged that the Tehrik Nefaz Aman (TNA), a shadow group, had hurled death threat to him and other members, though the VBMP was a nonpartisan group and struggling for securing the release of missing people. “The TNA has already claimed responsibility for throwing several bullet-riddled and tortured bodies of Baloch political activists,” Nasrullah Baloch said and claimed that the same elements had been warning against hunger-strike camp.

He said Baloch women came from far-flung areas of Balochistan to record their statements so that their beloveds could be recovered but they were being terrorised allegedly by secret agencies. The VBMP chairman claimed that several people were killed and their tortured dead bodies were thrown away who had dared to get registered FIR of their missing beloveds. Responding to a question, Baloch said that over 500 families of missing persons came from all over Balochistan and recorded their statements before the United Nations team.

“The UN group assured us of sharing their report with the Ministry of Interior. We hope that they will make an impartial report and bring the real facts to the world,” he said and adding that we would not end token hunger strike camp until the last missing person is recovered.