New york

NY Times

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth have taken a wrecking ball to their engagement.

The highly provocative former Disney darling and her “Hunger Games” hunk are going their separate ways after four years together, her rep confirmed to the News Monday.

The on-again, off-again couple first met on the set of 2010’s “The Last Song” and announced their wedding plans in May 2012.

“I’m so happy to be engaged and look forward to a life of happiness with Liam,” Cyrus, 20, told People last year.

An unidentified source told E! News that the split was the “We Can’t Stop” singer’s decision.

She pulled the plug “after coming to grips” with what she considered Liam’s “less than faithful” behavior, the source told E.

The former lovebirds were last spotted together on Aug. 8 at the Los Angeles premiere of Hemsworth’s new flick “Paranoia.”

But Hemsworth, 23, was nowhere in sight during and after Cyrus’ controversial twerk-fest at the MTV Video Music Awards in Brooklyn.

Cyrus grabbed more headlines appearing in her “Wrecking Ball” video and raised eyebrows when she unfollowed Hemsworth on Twitter last weekend.

She’s been promoting her new album “Bangerz” in Europe while Hemworth was spotted in Las Vegas Saturday at the Floyd Mayweather fight.

He also partied at Vegas’ XS Nightclub with a mystery brunette later identified at Mexican actress and singer Eiza Gonzalez, according to Life & Style magazine.

“They never left each other’s sides,” an eyewitness reportedly told Life & Style. “They were with a few people and spent a few minutes at the VIP DJ stage table. They then headed back to a more private VIP bungalow cabana near the pool.”

NY Times