ISLAMABAD  - The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed the authorities to submit complete details of persons put on Exit Control List (ECL) in Employees Old Age Benefit Institution (EOBI) scam.

A three-judge bench headed by Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali hearing a suo moto regarding Rs 40 billion scam inquired from the EOBI authorities to make up their mind whether they intended to retain or surrender the properties after getting back the payments it earlier made through investments, what perceived to be a dubious real estate business with a number of housing societies.

Chairman EOBI Muhammad Ayub Sheikh informed the bench that the decision to retain or surrender the properties after getting back the payments invested on behalf of the institution in various housing societies would be possible after completion of the process of the institution's board of trust appointment. He said that currently the EOBI's Board of Trust was ineffective because their names were in question in the instant scam.

He further apprised that two months might be taken to appoint the members of the board, saying after completion of the Board of Trust its members would be competent to take decision in the present issue.

During the proceeding, counsel for Eden Housing Society submitted that nobody is taking measure to address their plea, saying his client was behind the bars in the current matter whereas the FIA was conducting raids on his client's house. He further said that session judge central jail Lahore has declined to take up his client bail matter due to adjudication in the Supreme Court.

Sarfraz Chaudhry, counsel for Maqsoodul-Haq and Raja Sanaullah, submitted that his clients sold properties to the EOBI in Chakwal and handed over cheques of Rs 32 million and Rs 64.5 million respectively to the FIA in pursuance of the court orders.

Sarfraz Chaudhry contended that the FIA has so far failed to submit the cheques in the apex court registrar office.

Dr Khalid Ranjha, counsel for the Crown Plaza owners, told the bench that the FIA has taken the possession of the FIA even after receiving the cheque from his client, adding that the plaza's monthly rent was Rs6.5 million.

The bench directed Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) to stop harassing parties of the case and submit the list of persons put on ECL regarding the matter on the next date of hearing and adjourned the hearing till October 1, 2013.