GHALANAI - In another blow to militants after the reported death of their boss, Baitullah Mehsud, in a recent US drone attack, security forces captured Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Maulvi Omar and two associates from Ghalanai, the headquarters of Mohmand Agency, on Tuesday. Maulvi Omar, along with two other colleagues, was arrested when he was returning to Bajaur from Orakzai Agency, officials and tribal elders said. The volunteers of a traditional tribal Lashkar, constituted by the Peace Committee last week after its chief Malik Ajmal Khan was killed by Taliban militants, got the information late Monday evening about Maulvi Omars presence in Khawezai-Baizai. The traditional lashkar informed the authorities concerned about his presence. Later, the Lashkar and law enforcement agencies carried out a joint operation in the area and arrested Maulvi Omar along with two other activists of the group. After his arrest, he was shifted to the headquarters of Mohmand Rifles. He remained there till Tuesday noon and afterwards shifted to Peshawar by a special helicopter. Maulvi Omar belongs to Badan village of Bajaur. His real name is Said Mohammad. His father Alif Khan is believed to be illiterate. Before joining the TTP, he was very active in the banned Tehreek Nafaz-e-Shariat-e-Mohammadi (TNSM). Then he joined the TTP and fought the US-led International Security Assistance Force (Isaf) forces in Afghanistan. Maulvi Omar became famous when he, as TTP spokesman, claimed responsibilities for terrorist acts in the country. His arrest could be a severe blow to the Taliban militants. AFP and Reuters add: A very, very important militant has been arrested, said Maj Fazalur Rehman, head of the militarys media cell, declining to state the militants identity until an official government announcement. But government, military and security officials confirmed the detainee was Maulvi Omar, and photos of the militant in detention were widely circulated, one showing him in handcuffs and flanked by two armed paramilitaries. The arrested militant is Maulvi Omar, said a senior military official, requesting anonymity as he was not authorised to speak to the media. Maulvi Omar - a former perfume seller who joined Taliban ranks as a fighter in 2004 - was a close aide of Mehsud, who Washington has accused of being a key Al-Qaeda facilitator in Pakistans tribal areas along the Afghan border. Javed Ali Khan, a local government official in Mohmand, said that a tribal militia picked up Omar and two associates as they travelled in a car, late Monday and handed them over to security forces. Analysts said Omar, a former Mehsud spokesman, was not a military chief and his capture would have no direct impact on the insurgency, but he could provide information about Mehsuds network. A senior military official initially said Omar would be paraded to the media, but later said the plan had been changed. Maulvi Omar is in our custody but it has not yet been decided whether to produce him before media, the official said. An intelligence official in Mohmand said security agents had flown Omar and two colleagues captured with him to Peshawar for interrogation. Believed to be about 40 years old, Omar rose to become the insurgents spokesman in 2007 - the same year Mehsud took over as top Taliban commander after one-legged former Guantanamo Bay prisoner Abdullah Mehsud was killed. Government officials claim to have already eliminated Taliban militants from the three districts of Swat, Lower Dir and Buner. Swat Taliban commander Maulana Fazlullah remains at large, however, despite military claims that he is injured. Monitoring Desk adds: The captured spokesman for the Taliban has told interrogators that the movements leader was killed in a US missile strike earlier this month, reported an American news agency. US and Pakistani officials have said they are almost certain that Baitullah Mehsud was killed in the Aug 5 strike. But several Taliban commanders had told media organisations he is alive. An intelligence official who interrogated Omar said Tuesday that he had acknowledged that Mehsud was dead. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the media. Omars capture came a day after police arrested militant commander Qari Saifullah, another close Mehsud aide, as he was being treated in a private hospital in Islamabad.