ISLAMABAD (Online) Eligibility of national and provincial assemblies members who had benefited from National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) has been challenged in the Supreme Court (SC). The petitioner pleaded that most of the NRO beneficiaries are convicts therefore they are not qualified to become members of the assemblies. Talking to a private TV channel here Friday, petitioner Iqbal Kazmi said that the federation through interior ministry, home secretaries of all the four provinces and former president Pervez Musharraf have been made respondents in the petition. I was directed by Human Rights Commission of South Asia to file a petition on human rights violations, he said. It was unfortunate for us that a convict was head of state, he added. This was not laid down anywhere in the Constitution that the President and Altaf Hussain could not be proceeded in any case of the past, he held. The institutions had been made respondents in this petition as all the record of convicts was held by them, he added. About the president SC had given the verdict that he had subverted the constitution therefore, he should be put on trial under Article 6 of the Constitution, he remarked. Most of the NRO beneficiaries were convicts and were now sitting in the assemblies, he underlined.