Hertfordshire (BBC): A fire broke out on the set of EastEnders a few hours after the BBC soap broadcast ‘live inserts’ as part of 30th anniversary celebrations. Firefighters were called to the set in the BBC’s Elstree studios in Hertfordshire just after 23:00 GMT on Tuesday. Flames were reported in parts of a building on Albert Square. A firework is believed to have caused the fire, which did not lead to serious damage. The blaze, which was in the first floor and roof space of the building, was soon ‘contained and extinguished’ by crews, said Ian Parkhouse from Hertfordshire fire and rescue service.