SRINAGAR (NNI) Hurriyat Conference (M) chairman, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq has called on chairman Hurriyat Conference (G), Syed Ali Shah Geelani, at Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) Soura to enquire about the health of the ailing pro-freedom Kashmir leader. Sources said the two had a 10-minute meeting in the hospital. Confirming the meeting, Mirwaiz told Greater Kashmir that he had gone to the hospital to enquire about the health of Safakadal youth, Muhammad Rafiq Bangroo, injured in CRPF action three days ago. I also called on Geelani Sahab and enquired about his health. It was just a courtesy call, he said. Geelanis spokesperson, Ayaz Akbar also confirmed the meeting. However he said, It was purely a courtesy call and there was no politics in it. Sources said Dukhtran-e-Milat chief, Syeda Asiya Andrabi, was also present when Mirwaiz called on Geelani. The chairmen of two factions of the Hurriyat met two months after Geelani rejected a unification move made by the Mirwaiz. In April, while rejecting unification proposal, Geelani told a two-member committee instituted by the Mirwaiz: We dont want any confrontation, but we would follow our own agenda and you should follow your own. The two leaders had last time met face-to-face in September 2008 during a meeting of Coordination Committee, which was spearheading Amarnath land row agitation and its aftermath. However, Geelani and Mirwaiz exchanged pleasantries on March 23, 2010 at Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi. Pertinent to mention that another senior Hurriyat (M) leader, Nayeem Ahmad Khan,had called on Geelani in the hospital. Mirwaiz and Geelani had met at the latters Hyderpora residence on June 19, 2008 after about five years of their estrangement. The marathon 6-hour meeting had culminated on a significant note with both the leaders jointly briefing the media and announcing the formation of a committee to hammer out the modalities for unification of the two factions, which had parted ways in 2003 over engagement with New Delhi. The leaders of the two factions had signed a joint document spelling out their resolve to evolve a joint mechanism to further strengthen the struggle for achieving the right of self-determination and to work out the modalities for total unification. On unification between the two factions, a 6-member committee had been formed to discuss the modalities for unity. Immediately after the meeting the two Hurriyats jointly launched a campaign against the transfer of 800 kanals of forestland to Shri Amar Nath Shrine Board. The subsequent economic blockade of Kashmir forced all the separatist forces in Kashmir to come under one platform -Coordination Committee - and till October 2008 all the programmes were being announced jointly by Hurriyats and the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front. However, after the arrest of most of the separatist leaders before November 2008 Assembly elections, unity efforts received a jolt. A senior political expert while commenting on the latest initiative said, The human rights violations and the Armed Forces Special Powers Act provide common ground to the two leaders to join hands and unite. Meanwhile, veteran Kashmiri Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani, has said that Indian troops are killing the innocent Kashmiris with impunity due to the invocation of black laws in the territory. Syed Ali Gilani, expressing his condolences to the family of Tufail Ahmad, a student of Saidakadal killed by Indian troops, said that it was not the first incident of its kind but such acts of Indian state terrorism had been happening in the past as well, reports Kashmir Media Service. He said, Unless the black laws like Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) are revoked, the human rights violations will not end. He said that India had adopted Hitlers policy and Kashmiris were the victims of worst kind of dictatorship. The veteran Kashmiri Hurriyet leader said that, on one hand, India was talking about dialogue and, on the other, its army general called draconian laws like AFSPA as a holy book. He demanded complete withdrawal of the troopers from the occupied territory. Peer Saifullah, and a team of High Court Bar Association led by its President, Mian Abdul Qayoom, also visited the bereaved family to express sympathies.