At least nine persons including a woman were killed and eight others injured in separate incidents of enmity and road accidents over the past 24 hours.According to detail, in Sheikhupura a woman was butchered by some unidentified assailants in Shahzad Town locality on Tuesday. According to details, the deceased later identified as Kausar Perveen Bibi, mother of two minor children had gone to see her relative in nearby locality. But she did not returned and later her body was spotted by the some passers-by, lying in a field. The Muridke Saddr Police said that the woman was slaughtered by some accused. Further investigation is underway.In another incident two youngsters died after being ran over by a rashly driven truck on Lahore-Sargodha Road on Tuesday. The accident occurred when 18-year-old Shahbaz and 20-year-old Sohail, residents of city area Khalid Road were on the way to nearby locality on a motorcycle on Lahore-Sargodha Road. When they reached Punjab College a speeding truck coming from the opposite direction hit the bike, killing both of them instantly while the driver managed to flee the scene. The Sheikhupura Saddr Police are looking into the matter.In MINCHINABAD, one killed and six injured in an explosion at a cracker factory here in Basti Murad Wah Tuesday evening. As per detail, 20-year-old Mazhar Farid was killed and six others including Tasadaq Husain, Shehnaz Bibi, Muhammad Ahmad, Atif, Zuhra Bibi, and Altaf Husain sustained injuries, three of them critical.According to sources, all the persons including women and children were working in the factory where raw material was kept for decorative firecrackers. In the meantime a spark caused a fire, leading to the blast around 3:00pm, he said. After the explosion the factory caught fire. The exact cause of the explosion could not be ascertained yet. According to official sources, those injured were admitted to DHQ Hospital Bahawalnagar where condition of the three is said to be critical. Source told The Nation that the cracker factory was being run illegally for the last seven years as its owner Muhammad Anwar did not acquire any licence from the authorities concerned. The factory also lacked safety equipment and fire system on its premises. Moreover, it employed children between the age group of 10 and 12 years for work. Located barely 3-km from the city, it has been inspected three times yet never sealed. The police have arrested owner of the factory.Similarly in Mandi Bahauddin, a young man Haroon, a resident of Jokalian, Tehsil Phalia drowned in River Chenab. Reportedly he was bathing in the river when he drowned. It may be mentioned in last two weeks, three boys’ residents of Ala village in Saddr Police Station drowned in Lowe Jhelum Cana near Ala while bathing. In SARGODHA, armed persons gunned down a youth and injured his brother over old enmity in Farooka locality. According to sources, Ali Nawaz and his brother Sarfraz were on the way for court hearing. In the meantime their rivals, laying in wait, ambushed them, killing Ali Nawaz on the spot while his brother sustained gunshot wounds and was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. Meanwhile, in KASUR, three members of a family were shot dead in an elopement case while one sustained injuries at village Lakhnayki in the remit of Mustafabad Police the other day. Following the incident, the bereaved family staged a protest against the incident and demanded immediate arrest of the accused. The protesters blocked Ferozpur Road by burning tyres, throwing traffic out of gear for hours.As per detail, Muhammad Naseer and Farzana Bibi of village Lakhnayki eloped on June 17. The police registered a case 236/13. The other day Khushi Muhammad of the Naseer family along with other relatives, was sitting at his outhouse in the village when Aslam, Bashir and their two unidentified accomplices stormed into the outhouse and opened indiscriminate firing. As a result, Khushi Muhammad, Hakim Ali and Hameed died on the spot while a passer-by Najam Khan sustained injuries. The injured was rushed to DHQ Hospital where he is stated to be in a critical condition. In the meanwhile, on the assurance of the SP (Investigations), the protesters dispersed peacefully. The police have registered a case without any arrest.