Rawalpindi - A man was killed while another sustained critical burn injuries when a huge fire broke out in the panel room of a gas filling station at Adiala Road here yesterday. The reason behind the fire was told to be gas leakage. The injured was rushed to the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) where he identified as Gulzar Khan,35, hails from Kashmir. While, the dead man identified as Waqas, a machine operator, was shifted to DHQ mortuary.

According to eyewitnesses, a huge blast occurred in a panel room of DIVA CNG located at Kehkashan Colony at 10:10am, which caused a massive fire, killing one Waqas on the spot.  They said another man namely Gulzar who was filling gas in cars rushed towards panel room located in basement of filling station after hearing the sound of blast and suffered serious burn injuries.

Rescue 1122 reached the spot and shifted the victims to DHQ and PIMS for medical treatment and autopsy.