LAHORE - The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have reacted with dismay after Bangladesh's proposed two-match tour was postponed.

Meanwhile, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has now informed their Pakistani counterpart that they would not be able to undertake the brief tour on the scheduled dates of April 29 and 30 in view of the court order.

PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf expressed displeasure over Bangladesh’s decision and said that all the arrangements for the tour had been completed. The announcement came after a Bangladesh court ordered the national team’s upcoming tour of Pakistan to be postponed for at least four weeks due to security fears.

TV channels quoted Zaka as saying that he was extremely disappointed with the news from Bangladesh. "We are surprised that a purely cricketing matter has been dragged into the courts," Ashraf said. "We will give a detailed reaction later on. But it is a big setback for Pakistan cricket and fans who were ready to welcome the Bangladesh team."

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) spokesperson Nadeem Sarwar said the stay order issued by the Bangladesh High Court is aimed at straining ties between the two countries. PCB chief operating officer Subhan Ahmed agreed the postponement would damage Pakistan's attempts to revive home internationals and left a gap in the team's calendar.

Subhan confirmed that they had been officially informed by the chief executive of the BCB that their team would not tour Pakistan due to the court order.

“We are very disappointed and surprised by this development because we had begun all preparations to host the Bangladesh team including providing them Presidential level security," Ahmad said. "We don't know the exact position but things should be clear soon. But it would not be possible to host this series after the four weeks period given by the court due to our other commitments."

Pakistan, in efforts to revive international cricket, vowed to provide ‘presidential-level security’ to Bangladesh team during its tour and dispatched a 70-page security plan to International Cricket Council (ICC) on Thursday. According to the plan, 2,000 policemen will be patrolling the route from the hotel to the stadium, and about 1,200 policemen will be present at the stadium when the team is there.

Former Pakistan coach Mohsin Khan said he thought the postponement was strange. "During this whole period I thought there was uncertainty but this postponement will definitely hurt Pakistan's sincere efforts to revive cricket in Pakistan," Mohsin was quoted as saying. Pakistan have played all 'home' series since 2009 on neutral territory, most often the United Arab Emirates, where they inflicted a 3-0 Test defeat on England at the start of this year.