WASHINGTON (Agencies): Pakistans ambassador to the US Husain Haqqani Tuesday said the report of ISI taking Afghan Taliban leader, the one-eyed Mullah Omar, to hospital after he suffered a heart attack earlier this month had no basis whatsoever. Sometimes intelligence tips received by professionals turn out to be wrong. The story about Mullah Omar falls under that category. You might recall a similar story from 2001 about Osama bin Laden receiving dialysis treatment that turned out to be incorrect, and the fabrication of those who wanted to give Pakistan a bad name, Haqqani was quoted as saying by The Washington Post. He went on to say that Pakistani intelligence, military and law enforcement personnel continue to hunt down wanted Al-Qaeda and Taliban figures and will apprehend anyone if and when we have hard intelligence, which is very different from speculation circulated by contractors. The Washington Post reported Tuesday that the reclusive chief of the Afghan Taliban Mullah Mohammed Omar was treated for a heart attack in Pakistan with the help of its intelligence service. The spiritual leader of the insurgency, who went deep underground after the 2001 US-led invasion, suffered a heart attack on January 7 and was taken to a hospital near Karachi for several days, the Post said, citing a report by a private intelligence network run by former US security officials. The network, operating as a private company known as The Eclipse Group, said its source was an unnamed physician in the hospital. While I was not personally in the operating theater... my evaluation based on what I have heard and seeing the patient in the hospital is that Mullah Omar had a cardiac catheter complication resulting in either bleeding or a small cerebral vascular incident, or both, the physician was quoted as saying. The doctor added that Omar appeared to have suffered some brain damage and had slurred speech following the operation. The report said Pakistans Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency had rushed him to a hospital in Karachi, where he was given heparin (an anticoagulant) and operated on. After 3-4 days of post-operative care in the hospital, he was released to the ISI and ordered to take absolute bed rest when at home for at least several days, it added. The Eclipse report cited a separate source in the Quetta Shura as saying that Mullah Omar is continuing to improve and his speech is clearing. It also said the ISI was keeping the Quetta Shura informed about Omars recovery at an ISI 'guest house in Karachi under ISI guard, the Post said. A US official from Kabul said: No one on this end has heard this. But he quickly added that it doesnt mean its not true - we just have no information to confirm or dispute these facts.