KARACHI - A petition has been filed in the SHC seeking registration of case against Sindh Senior Minister Zulfiqar Mirza for giving provoking statement in the media. Moving with the plea Rana Faiz submitted that the minister on July 16 deliberately gave an irritating statement while adopting hasty attitude. He added that the said statement caused unrest in the metropolis that claimed at least 18 lives of the innocent people in one day alone in Karachi. Besides, forty vehicles were set on fire and other private properties were damaged by miscreants. The federal government through law secretary, federal ministry, interior ministry, Pemra, CS Sindh, Zulfiqar Mirza, inspector general Sindh police, DIG (South) SSP Gizri, SHO Defence police station and SHO Preedy police station were cited as respondents. The petitioner submitted the citizens had been provided full security in Article 9, and according to the Constitution the state is fully responsible to protect the lives and properties of the people, but the govt failed to do so. The petitioner further stated that irresponsible statement of the senior minister had provoked the people of one particular community, while some miscreants took the advantage of this situation and vandalised the public properties and created law and order situation in the city. He also termed the electronic media for creating such law and order situation and submitted that the private TV channels had also played main role to provoke the people by telecasting the same statement all the time. He said that legal action must be taken against the respondents for adopting such irresponsible attitude. He stated that he had reached different police stations of the metropolis to launch complaint against the senior minister but they refused to do so, and finally he reached to the court in this regard.