RAWALPINDI - Fire erupted in a four-storey godown at Gazali Road, Sadiqabad, on Tuesday reducing the electronic goods worth million of rupees into ashes. The reason for the fire is said to be the short circuit. Soon after the fire incident, the fire brigades of Rescue 1122 rushed towards the scene and extinguished the fire after eight hours long struggle.

According to detail, a huge fire broke into a four story godown, commonly known as Dawlance Plaza, storing electronic appliances at Gazali Road, the area of Police Station (PS) Sadiqabad. The fire reduced the electronic goods into ashes. Chaudhry Qaiser, the owner of the godown, told media men that the worth of the burnt electronic appliances were into million of rupees.

Rescue 1122 fire fighters arrived at the scene and sprinkled water to extinguish the fire. According to a Rescue official, the building might be caved inn at any time after being remained in flames of fire for eight hours.

Meanwhile, District Coordination Officer (DCO) Saqib Zafar and PML-N MNA Muhammad Hanif Abbasi also visited the place and reviewed the situation.

Talking to media men, MNA said that the report of the incident has been sent to Chief Minister Punjab Mian Shahbaz Sharif, adding that he also sought report from City District Government Rawalpindi (CDGR) about the presence of factories into residential areas. He said that all the factories running in populated areas would be shifted outside the city.