LAHORE - Panic-stricken doctors, paramedics, patients and their attendants rushed to save themselves shortly after the fire broke out inside the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Mayo Hospital on Friday evening. Rescue workers and hospital officials said that the dry chemical powder, placed inside the ICU ward, suddenly caught fire, which engulfed the entire unit within no time. The hospital administration disconnected the electricity supply, triggering panic in the ward during evening hours. Hospital equipment and furniture and other valuables were reduced to ashes. However, no casualty was reported in the incident. Rescue workers and firefighters rushed to the scene soon after the incident and launched the operation. The hospital administration and rescue workers immediately shifted all the patients from the ICU to another ward. Eyewitnesses said that the incidents triggered panic in the entire Emergency Ward as doctors, paramedics, patients, and their attendants started hue and cry soon after the fire broke out. The firefighters managed to put out the fire after the hectic efforts of an hour. Some patients were also shifted to other public hospitals on Edhi Ambulances as the Mayo hospital management closed down the ICU for repair work. Hospital officials said that no casualty was reported as all the patients were successfully evacuated from the ward in time. Further investigations were underway.