Two kidnappers killed in Karachi encounter

KARACHI –  The Anti-Violent Crime Cell (AVCC) police, in collaboration with the Citizens Police Liaison Committee (CPLC), on Saturday killed at least two persons who had allegedly kidnapped a school going child in Karachi’s posh area few days ago. 

Five-year-old Muhammad Abbas had been kidnapped while he was returning home with his mother from Haque Academy, a private school in Defence Housing Authority (DHA), on December 6. 

“The school falls in the limits of Darakshan police station,” Zubair Habib, CPLC chief confirmed. 

“The family received demand for the payment of Rs150 million for the safe release of the child. After negotiations, the deal was finalised at Rs300, 000,” the officer said, and added, “Sindh Governor Muhammad Zubair had also taken notice of the incident immediately, and had directed the CPLC and law enforcement agencies (LEAs) to ensure immediate recovery of the child.” 

The joint team of CPLC, AVCC and Rangers Special Task Centre (RSTC) started investigating the case after receiving a call from the kidnappers. 

A First Information Report (FIR) was registered at Sahil Police Station, in District South Karachi, under PPC Section 365-A. The investigation was later transferred to AVCC Karachi for the detection and apprehension of the kidnappers. 

AVCC SSP reported to Sindh IGP Allah Dino Khawaja that AVCC and CPLC personnel jointly conducted a raid in the early hours on Saturday to arrest the kidnappers. “Two kidnappers, who were later identified as Zaheer Mirza and Zaki, opened fire in an attempt to escape,” he said, and further elaborated that when police retaliated, both the kidnappers were killed on the spot near Kamran Chowrangi, Gulistan-e-Jauhar. Ransom money of Rs100, 000, a purse and cellphone belonging to the child’s mother were also recovered. Sindh IGP AD Khawaja has announced Rs100, 000 cash award for the AVCC team for their prompt action.  

Three women killed in separate incidents 

Three women were killed in separate acts of violence in different parts of the metropolis on Saturday. 

According to details, a woman was gunned down by robbers in Soldier Bazaar. Police said that the incident had taken place when two robbers intercepted a car at Parsi Colony, and tried to loot valuables from a couple and shot the woman dead thinking that her husband was offering resistance. 

Police said that the robbers managed to escape from the spot after committing the crime. “One of the armed men opened fire at the victim when her husband tried to pick up his cellphone which had fallen down inside the car. The robbers thought that the victim’s husband might be taking out a pistol to attack them. Fearing retaliation, they opened fire at the woman and escape,” Soldier Bazaar SHO said. 

Police said that the robbers had targeted the woman when she was returning home with her husband and children from an event. 

Police added that the deceased was identified as 27-year-old Ambreen, wife of Ali Al-Hassan, resident of the same locality. 

It further said that the woman was shifted to a private hospital with critical wounds, but she succumbed to her injuries there. 

Police handed over the dead body to her heirs after completing the medico-legal formalities. 

Police said that further investigation was underway from different aspects. Separately, a woman was killed inside her house, located at Block H, North Nazimabad within the limits of Hyderi police station. 

Police said that the deceased was identified as 32-year-old Asiya, wife of Rizwan, adding that she was a mother of a one-year-old baby girl. 

Police informed that that the victim’s brother-in-law, namely Kamran was involved in the murder. 

DSP Naeem Khan said that deceased’s brother-in-law stabbed her to death inside the house after a scuffle between them over some personal reasons, adding that the accused had also been arrested and that a knife used in the murder was also recovered. Case has been registered against the accused while further investigation is underway.  

Meanwhile, Manghopir police found slaughtered body of a woman from the bushes of Sultanabad. Police said that unidentified culprits slaughtered the woman at an abandoned place after kidnapping her. 

It further said that the victim was yet to be identified.  

Police shifted her body to a morgue after completing medico-legal formalities at Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, while further investigations were underway. 




This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More