Towel factory gutted
KARACHI – A towel factory was gutted into fire in New Karachi Industrial area and turned the stuff worth millions of rupees into ashes while no loss of life was reported on Friday.
According to the details, fire erupted at a multi-storey towel factory located near Saba Cinema in New Karachi area and engulfed the entire three-storey building, causing damage worth millions of rupees. Reacting on information, firefighters immediately reached the site and started the operation. However, keeping the intensity of the fire in view, more fire tenders were called at the site and managed to control the fire after hours’ long hectic efforts.
Witnesses said that the blaze was erupted at around 8am in the morning when workers of the factory started to rush at their workplace and frequently engulf the whole factory.
On the other hand, according to fire brigade spokesperson, initially, one fire tender was dispatched to the fire site, however, later more fire tenders were dispatch to the fire site to extinguish the fire, adding that at least eight fire tenders participated in the fire extinguish work and the rescue efforts took at least eight hours to complete after which the fire was brought under control.
A fireman, namely Ameer Ahmed was also fell unconscious due to smokes while extinguishing the fire. He was later shifted to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital for medical fire aid. The fire department’s spokesperson said that the cause of the fire has yet to be ascertained, however, it seems that the fire broke out apparently due to short circuit.
He, however, confirmed that no loss of life has been reported while cloth worth millions of rupees was turned into ashes due to the fire. The police also reached the site to investigate into the matter. Police officials said that no case was registered as the fire according to initial investigations, broke out accidentally, however, the case would be registered if the criminal intention found in the investigations.