Two workshops gutted in Hayatabad

PESHAWAR – Two workshops were damaged in a fire which broke out in Hayatabad’s industrial estate on Saturday morning; however, the blaze was extinguished after rescue 1122 prompt response.

Spokesperson Rescue 1122 Bilal Ahmad Faizi said that the fire broke out due to unknown reason and took dozens of shops in its fold. The market was comprised of perfume shops, garments, electronic appliances and dry fruit among other things.

At least 30 firefighters and five fire tenders were available to control the inferno, which was extinguished in almost two hours. The cause of the fire was stated to be a short circuit. Karkhano Market, where the fire broke out, is situated in the Hayatabad area of Peshawar.  The fire engulfed the tissues paper and diapers workshop in the industrial area, rescue officials said, adding that the gutted equipment was worth millions of rupees.

The fire department started the cooling process after extinguishing the flames, which lasted for an hour. No casualty was reported in the incident. On December 15, a similar fire had erupted at the offices of the state TV in Peshawar, firefighting officials said.

The blaze had engulfed part of the building housing state TV offices in the city’s Saddar area, officials said.

 

 

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More