Child playing video game injured after smartphone explodes

A child got injured after the battery of a smartphone exploded while he was playing a video game on it, rescue officials said on Saturday.

The boy was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital for medical attention, they said.

The officials said the child was playing a video game on his smartphone when its battery exploded, as a result of which he suffered injuries to his face, hands and eyes.

Incidents of electronic devices such smartphones and laptops exploding are often reported. In Dec 2019, a schoolgirl had lost her life in Kazakhstan after her mobile phone exploded close to head when she slept while listening to music after putting it on charging.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More