KARACHI - Four people died including three women, two of whom died due to suffocation in a stampede here in the city on Friday. In the first incident, two women died as a result of a stampede at Korangi100-Quarter, in the Zaman Town Police precinct. A local tarder namely Javed, a resident of 100-Quarter in Korangi, was distributing free staple food items among poor people in regard with the holy month of Ramazan at his house. Meanwhile, hundred of people from the adjacent areas were gathered there to collect free items. A large number of people had queued up when suddenly stamped erupted, resulting in the death of two women due to suffocation and one fell unconscious. Both the deceased women belonged to Bengali community who were later identified as Malouka, 65, wife of Haneef and Shamsa, 50, wife of Jalal. Both the deceased were the resident of Sector 50/B in Bengali Para, the police informed. The police arrested the shop owner and initiated the prob. It may be mentioned that in a similar accident over 20 women died on 14 September 2009 during a Ramazan charity event in Karachi. Meanwhile, a woman was crushed to death by Sukkur Express at Landhi railway track. According to railway officials, the deceased was identified as Shakeela, 32, wife of Siddique and a resident of Future Colony Landhi. She was crossing the track when suddenly Sukkur Express, coming from Sukkur to Karachi ran over her, as a result of which she died instantly. The deceased was going to see her sister who was admitted in JPMC. They added that the deceased hailed from Hazara and left two children behind to mourn. The body was shifted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for legal formalities. However, the family took back the body without any legalities. A man was electrocuted at New Saeedabad in the remit of Saeedabad Police. According to the police, the victim Irshad Hussain, 20, son Raheem Ullah, a resident of the same area, was doing some electric work near his house when suddenly sustained electric shocks and died on the spot. The body was moved to civil Hospital Karachi for autopsy and later handed over to the family.