QUETTA A Pak Army soldier was killed and 15 others, including an assistant commissioner, sustained injuries in a remote-controlled bomb blast in the provincial capital on Saturday morning. On the other hand, Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) has claimed responsibility for the attack. According to police, the army convoy, passing through Sariab Road near Polytechnic College, was targeted by an explosive device attached to a car. As a result, 15 people, including eight Army personnel and an equal number of civilians were wounded after being hit by splinters. They were rushed to the Civil Hospital and the CMH for treatment. However, one of the injured soldiers, Didar, succumbed to his injuries before reaching the hospital. The injured soldiers were identified as Iftikhar, Zahid, Hakeem, Faisal, Furqan, Tariq and Mazhar while Assistant Commissioner Abdul Qadoos Mengal, Gul Badshah, Nadir, Akranullah, Muhammad Ishaq, Asghar, Tahir Khan and Ameena Bibi are the civilians. Soon after the blast, police and FC personnel reached the spot and cordoned off the area while security was beefed up across the city. The blast badly damaged the car and an Army vehicle, besides triggering panic among the locals. The explosives were planted in an Alto car which were detonated through a remote-controlled device when Army convoy comprising four vehicles was passing through the area, said a senior police official, adding that the police had found the chassis number of the car used in the blast. The officials of Bomb Disposal Squad said about seven to nine kg explosive material was used in the blast. Sources said police had formed three investigation teams, which comprised officials from Investigation Department and Special Branch to probe the incident. Police had already arrested more than two dozen suspected persons in connection with the blast, they added. A defunct BLA Spokesman Jihand Baloch while calling from some unknown location via Satellite phone claimed the responsibility for the attack and said the Baloch resistance fighters through a remote controlled device attacked the convoy. Meanwhile, Chief Minister Balochistan Nawab Muhammad Aslam Raisani strongly condemned the Sariab blast and vowed not to spare the terrorists. He visited the Civil Hospital and inquired about the health of injured persons. Talking to journalists, the chief minister said the govt was responsible for improving the law and order situation in Balochistan, and all possible measures to ensure the safety of masses and to rebuild their confidence. Responding to a question, Raisani said in the wake of deteriorating law and order, police and Levies Force were working hard to improve the situation, however, he remarked, Neither the govt has a magic wand nor we are angels so that the law and order situation is improved overnight. He appealed to the masses to cooperate with the law enforcement agencies for capturing and punishing the elements involved in terror activities.