LAHORE A five-member Full Bench of the Lahore High Court on Monday reserved its judgment on an appeal filed against the conversion of Doongi Ground (a public park and ground at Mini Market, MM Alam Road) into IMAX Cinema, theatre and a shopping Mall. The Bench comprising Chief Justice Ijaz Ahmad Chaudhry, Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed, Justice Umar Ata Bandial, Justice Nasir Saeed Sheikh, and Justice Asad Munir heard the appeal moved by the locals through Muhammad Azhar Siddique against the single bench decision. A representative of the Punjab Government told the Court last day that the government has cancelled the contract for development of IMAX theatre at Doongi Ground and that no commercial construction will also take place on the site. However he said 80 per cent of the area would remain a public park and a state of the art library would be set up at the rest 20 per cent of the space. He prayed to the court for dismissing the petition. The petitioner is aggrieved of the misuse of said large ground which over the decades has served for sports and healthy public activity in the adjacent park. The residents of the area had moved the court in 2006 when the then government formed a Punjab Entertainment Company for the purpose of setting up an IMAX theatre, cinema and a shopping mall on this billions of rupees of land in the heart of the city. During the course of then proceedings it transpired that many provincial secretaries had become share holders in the billions of rupees project against the surety of not more than Rs 1000 each. The petitioner had cried that the park was serving a very healthy public purpose which would be badly frustrated by the development of theatre and cinema as the citizens would not only be losing a place to maintain their health but also be exposed to the environmental hazards attached to the commercial activity. They also contended that Doongi ground was a public park in the original plan and the law and the superior court decisions barred conversion of the park into any other thing which serve other than the original purpose.