PESHAWAR - Household items worth millions of rupees were reduced to ashes when a huge fire broke out in a house in Gulbarg area of Peshawar on Sunday.

Sources said that the fire erupted due to short circuit in the house of Haji Ashraf, which is situated in Mahallah Iqbal Abad in Gulbarg area. Soon after the incident, Rescue 1122 staffers and local people rushed to the site and started extinguishing the fire. After making efforts for half-an-hour, the fire was controlled over, however it badly damaged the valuable items of the house worth millions of rupees.