ISLAMABAD (APP) President Asif Ali Zardari Friday afternoon directed to include provision of satellite imaging of future development projects in Fata in the PC-1 proposals for effective implementation and monitoring. He also asked for a detailed study of the state land in the command area of the dams being built in the tribal belt for distribution among the poor women. President Zardari gave these directives during a presentation on Fata development through the normal Annual Development Plan (ADP), the World Bank administered Trust Fund and the USAID at the Presidency. Governor NWFP Owais Ahmed Ghani, Finance Minister Shaukat Tarin, Minister SAFRON Najmuddin Khan, Minister of State for Economic Affairs Hina Rabbani Khar, Deputy Chairman Planning Commission Sardar Aseff Ahmad Ali, federal secretaries of the relevant ministries, additional chief secretary Fata and other senior officials were also present on the occasion. Robert J Wilson, Country Director USAID, Country Director World Bank Yusupha Crookes and others also attended the briefing. Briefing the media, Presidential Spokesman Farhatullah Babar said the president also directed to launch a model development project in a tribal agency on experimental basis on Alaskan model in which the local people are also made shareholders to give them incentive to protect and promote development process in the tribal areas. Additional Chief Secretary Fata, during the presentation, while spelling out salient features of ADP 2009-10 said the ADP size had been enhanced to Rs 11.5 billion marking an increase of 36 per cent over the previous year. Giving the details, he informed the meeting that 90 per cent of the allocation was meant for ongoing schemes with remaining 10 per cent for the new ones. The sectoral allocations were 31 per cent for communications, 21 for education and 11 per cent for health, he added. President Zardari said the short-term development strategy for Fata should be to improve both connectivity and social sector delivery. Babar said Country Director USAID, Robert J Wilson, while giving the presentation, informed that US government was the biggest donor through USAID providing over $ 400 million for livelihood and capacity building projects. Another nearly Rs 3 billion were meant for road construction, training and strengthening Fata levies, he told the audience. Contributions from other international donors include UK (one million pounds), Japan ($ 6 million), Germany (Euros 15 million), Italy (Euros 7 million), ADB (Rs 305 billion) for rural development and poverty alleviation, IFAD (Rs 1.2 billion) and UN World Food Programme ($ 16 million). The meeting was further informed that other major initiatives in Fata include Dandy Dam in North Waziristan (Rs 490 million), Darghai Pal Dam South Waziristan (Rs 313 million), Bara Dam (Rs 14 billion), feasibility study for use of solar energy, detailed feasibility and design of 25 dams and establishment of Marble City in Mohmand Agency (Rs 700 million). Country Director World Bank said the WB Trust Fund for NWFP and Fata had been established with a view to complement governments efforts for promoting basic services delivery and support livelihoods besides developing basic infrastructure and services. Scope of the fund was limited to NWFP, Fata and Balochistan, he added. Babar said the president said military action in Fata was essential to wipe out terrorism and militancy. He, however, emphasised that it was not a permanent solution and said it must be followed by an aggressive development programme to bring about a visible change in the socio-economic conditions of the people. Babar said President Zardari stressed the need for ensuring transparency in all development works in order to achieve the objectives of good governance and to trickle down the benefits of the development to the people. Lack of opportunities and education in Fata had given the militant groups an opportunity to exploit the youth, Zardari noted.