LAHORE - Pakistan Awami Tehreek leader Khurram Nawaz Gandapur, the final witness in the Model Town case, recorded his statement with an anti-terrorism court yesterday.

Some 14 PAT workers were killed and another 100 were injured on June 17, 2014, when the Punjab police charged on them over the issue of barriers removal outside the Minhajul Quran Secretariat in Model Town.

According to the PAT counsel, 56 witnesses had already recorded their statement in the party’s private complaint in the case. Gandapur was the final witness who appeared on Tuesday.

“In a meeting at H Block of Model Town, on June 15, 2014, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif ordered me and my companions Fayyaz Warriach and Altaf Hussain Shah to stop Dr Tahirul Qadri from coming to Pakistan and initiating the movement for raising voice against unemployment,” Khurram Nawaz Gandapur told the court.

He went on to say that Hamza Shahbaz, Ch Nisar, Kh Saad Rafiq, Abid Sher Ali, Rana Sanaullah, Pervez Rashid and Khwaja Asif were also present.

The witness added Information Minister Pervez Rashid also threatened him over the matter.

“When we refused to do so they became furious and said that they would crush the movement. Then, they formed a body comprising Ch Nisar, Khwaja Saad Rafiq and Rana Sanaullah to counter our movement. Following that the police unleashed the attack, killing 10 workers of the party on the spot.”

The court adjourned further proceedings until Sept 27.

Gandapur, later on, told the reporters that he was hopeful about getting justice from the high court.

The PAT leader showed up in court with his security guards and after getting protective bail from the Lahore High Court in the first FIR registered against him and other party leaders.

Meanwhile, the LHC dismissed bail petition of former managing director of Pepco Tahir Basharat Cheema in a NAB reference against him for his alleged involvement in corruption and illegal recruitments.

A division bench headed by Justice Mirza Viqas Rauf dismissed the petition after hearing arguments from both sides.

Mr. Cheema was taken into custody after his alleged involvement in recruiting 500 people with Pepco and making billions of rupees in corruption.