LAHORE - Lahore High Court (LHC) Wednesday directed the Ministry of defence to submit its reply, report on May 5 on a petition seeking ban on the US drone attacks. Khalid Khawaja filed a petition in the LHC challenging the US drone attacks in the territory of sovereign Pakistan and constant silence of the government over the issue as hundreds of innocent people including women and children have been killed from these strikes. LHC deputy attorney general told the court on Wednesday that the defence ministry report on the drone attacks was yet awaited and sought some time for it. He said the issues relating to drone attacks come under defence ministry and it had already been asked to the concerned ministry to submit its reply on the petition but it needed some time. On this LHC Chief Justice Khawaja Sharif directed ministry of defence to submit its report on the petition positively on next date of hearing. The court will start further proceedings on May 5. The ministry of interior had already submitted its reply stating that the matter did not fall in its domain while report of the defence ministry may take more time as the ministrys work involved sensitive issues, the court was told. The petitioner submitted that the government should tell if there is any treaty or agreement between government of Pakistan and the US about the drone attack or the attacks have just be allowed to please America or by fear of his stature as superpower. The petitioner demanded that the federal government should take up the matter to the International Court of Justice against the US if the drone attacks are being conducted without approval and permission of the government of Pakistan. Khalid Khawaja alleged that government of Pakistan at the behest of America is implementing the New World Order by adopting silence on the drone attacks. The petitioner said US President Obama and President Asif Zardari are responsible for the massacres of innocent citizens who are put to death in drone attacks. The petitioner said FIR should be registered against US President Obama for killings innocent civilians in Pakistan. The petitioner said the National assembly, Punjab Assembly, Balochistan Assembly and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa assembly passed resolutions against US drone attacks in 2009 but despite it the government did no take up the matter with America and adopted silence which is jeopardising sovereignty of Pakistan. The petitioner prayed that the legal heirs of those killed in the drone strikes should be given compensation. The petitioner prayed that court should direct the army chief of Pakistan to take steps to protect the air space of Pakistan from foreign attacks as per his oath of the army office.