MULTAN

Senior PML-N leader Hamza Shahid Lodhi has said that Chinese President has opened the door of progress and prosperity to Pakistan by announcing development projects in his ongoing visit. Addressing a news conference here on Tuesday, he added that the projects were a proof of Pak-China friendship. He said that although the enemies of development hatched conspiracies against country’s progress through sit-in, they failed to achieve their vicious targets.

He said that the democracy and assemblies were an outcome of sacrifices rendered by Javed Hashmi. He added that Hashmi played a historic role for the democracy in the country. “Therefore, Mian Nawaz Sharif should play role for bringing this champion of democracy to the assembly,” he added. He said that Makhdoom Javed Hashmi should have been invited to the Chinese president’s visit as the credit for this event went to him because of his sacrifice to save the democracy. He lauded the efforts of Pakistan Army and said that the terrorists were crushed by the army through operation Zarb-e-Azb.

MEPCO CATCHES 1,037 POWER PILFERERS: The Multan Electric Power Company (Mepco) have caught 1,037 power pilferers and imposed fine worth over Rs10 million on them during the ongoing financial year.

Mepco sources said that out of total final money, over Rs8.4 million has been recovered while action is underway to recover the remaining amount. The monitoring and surveillance teams of Mepco conducted surprise raids in Cantt, Nawan Shehr, Hassan Parwana and Industrial Estate sub divisions and caught 993 domestic consumers red handed stealing electricity. They were imposed about Rs4 million fine. Similarly, 43 commercial and one industrial consumers were also caught during the raids.

dengue-hunt: The district government has launched a massive drive to kill dengue mosquito as dengue larva test is being conducted at 20 thousand spots across the district.

District Coordination Officer (DCO) Zahid Saleem Gondal disclosed on Tuesday that all the departments concerned had been issued red alert on fear of dengue attack and order had been issued for launching a fumigation drive on emergency basis. He added that the dengue larva would be killed after the completion of survey while a special drive to create awareness among the masses on the topic of cleanliness would also be launched. He revealed that six cases had been registered against the owners of commercial and private buildings due to poor sanitation conditions.

He said that dengue fever was a dangerous disease and people contracted it when they were bitten by a specific dengue mosquito. He said that no confirm dengue was reported from Multan so far. “But we have allocated special wards for dengue patients in each hospital,” he added. He asked the citizens to keep their surroundings clean and do not let water accumulate. He said that dengue seminars were being held in public and private institutions.