PESHAWAR - A serving major of armed forces was shot dead by unknown persons in Kohat Development Authority scheme at Kohat on Thursday. Officials and eyewitnesses informed the media that unknown persons opened fire at Maj. Mohammad Ayub when he was leaving his house for office at KDA Housing Scheme Thursday morning. He sustained critical injures. He was rushed to Combined Military Hospital where he succumbed to injuries. Major Ayub was from Baluch Regiment of Pakistan Armed Forces. No person or group has so fare claimed responsibility of the incident. It may be mentioned here that it is first-ever target killing of an army officer in the region. NNI adds: Unidentified gunmen shot dead a local leader of Awami National Party and his three colleagues in the restive Swat valley, police said Thursday. Muhammad Amin, also former union council deputy nazim and his three friends were shot dead late last night when they were returning from Saidu Sharif. No group claimed responsibility of the attack but suspected militants have in the past targeted politicians belonging to ruling parties. Police said that armed men ambushed their car at Deolai area, killing them at the scene. The armed forces are engaged in operation against the militants in Swat valley for several months and the area was under curfew when the incident happened. In another incident, police said that unidentified armed men shot dead a man Musa Khan who was returning from mosque last night. Local Taliban blew up two girls school in the Matta area of Swat last night, taking the number to 215 schools which have been burnt or blown up in the area by militants, police said. Suspected militants also blew up a bridge to disrupt movement of forces in the area, witnesses said. Taliban spokesman Muslim Khan claimed responsibility of the killing of Musa Khan for spying on the militants. He also claimed responsibility of the blowing the bridge. But he denied having hands in the killing of ANP leader. The forces launched operation against the militants after Taliban suspended a peace agreement with the government signed in May this year.