WAH CANTT - Two suicide bombers once again, ostensibly, targeted the military installation here on Thursday afternoon killing around 70 persons and leaving over 100 injured, eyewitnesses and sources in the sensitive departments informed. However, the hospital and police sources feared that death toll could rise since most of the injured persons were in a critical condition in hospitals. The first attack was made at about 3:38 pm at the main exit gate of Pakistan Ordnance Factory (POF) Wah Cantt, 30 km (18.5 miles) north of Islamabad. When the employees were mustering out during a shift change a person blew himself up while simultaneously another suicide bomber attacked at gate No. 1 of the ammunition factory in an identical fashion. Eyewitnesses and hospital sources feared that in both the suicide attacks, around 70 persons were killed and over 100 were injured, who reportedly belonged to civilian staff of the arms factory. However, Police officials confirmed that no Army man was among the expired persons. The two suicide attackers detonated explosives fitted with their body at the main gate and gate No. 1 of the factory. The explosives went off with big bang wreaking havoc on the employees of the factory who were leaving the premises during a shift change. According to Pakistan Ordnance Factories Board press release, the bomb blasts occurred outside two exit gates of POF Wah Cantt about 14:40 hrs when a large number of workers of POF were coming out at the time of shift change. The blasts were so powerful that the pedestrians on the other side of the road also got injured with the splinters of the explosives. These explosions rocked the city when two suicide bombers blew them up in the afternoon outside the factory during the rush hours. Some eyewitnesses and security officials informed The Nation on condition of anonymity that about 70 people lost their lives in these two suicide attacks in the high security areas of POF. As per POF hospital sources, the dead included Arif, Imran, Amir Mahmood, Jawad Ahmed, Abdul Raziq, Tariq Mahmood, Zarif Khan, Ijaz Ahmed, Muhammad Ashaq, Riaz Ahmed, Abbas and Samiul Haq. The names of others killed could not be ascertained so far. Talking to The Nation, City Police Officer (CPO) Rawalpindi Rao Muhammad Iqbal confirmed that 70 people were killed in the incident. He further said that dead bodies of 55 people had been identified while the identity of several bodies could not yet be ascertained. The CPO also said that two legs of a suicide attacker had been recovered and the investigation team was trying to find out their heads for their identification. After these attacks, security forces took control of the areas by cordoning off these places targeted by the terrorists and no one was permitted to go near the places. The bodies of dead factory employees and injured persons were shifted to POF Hospital, Military Hospital (MH) and Combined Military Hospital (CMH) in ambulances. Arshad Khan, a resident of the nearby locality, informed The Nation that he heard a big bang and rushed towards the scene where injured were crying for help. Shuja Khan, another eyewitness, said that human organs, blood and pieces of explosive material were scattered everywhere at the places after these suicide attacks. These attacks sent a wave of panic in the city and people having contacts and relations in the areas targeted by the attackers started contacting their dear ones on the telephone and even some of them rushed to the areas to get firsthand information about them. The parents of children studying in the schools and colleges in the nearby vicinity rushed to these institutions to fetch their children. After these two fatal blasts, bodies and injured were shifted to the POF Hospital and Combined Military Hospital (CMH) while the authorities declared emergency in all the hospitals of the twin cities.   The blasts were so powerful that most of the bodies were badly mutilated and the identity of most of them could not be ascertained till the filing of this report. Later, officials of various elite security agencies reached the place and the law enforcement agencies cordoned off the whole area. The blasts also caused a massive traffic jam on GT Road and people had to face a lot of problems due to this long traffic problem. The authorities diverted the traffic towards other routes, which caused a long traffic jam, and long queues of vehicles could be seen on all the nearby roads. Sources privy to the investigations informed The Nation that teams including Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), CID and Police have been formed to probe the incidents and track down the culprits involved in these deadly attacks. They further said that investigation teams and technical experts had presented their initial reports regarding these two blasts, which claimed dozens of lives. They said that these initial reports suggested that both the explosions were suicide attacks since some pieces of jackets used for these kinds of attacks were found from the places. In the evening, Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif also visited the POF hospital and enquired after the health of the injured persons and directed the hospital administration to pay full attention to their treatment. Acting President Muhammedmian Soomro, Co-Chairman PPP Asif Ali Zardari, PML-N Quaid Nawaz Sharif, Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani, Minister for Information and Broadcasting Sherry Rehman, Acting Chairman Senate Jan Muhammad Jamali, Defence Minister Ch Ahmed Mukhtar, Dr Fehmida Mirza, Speaker and Faisal Karim Kundi, Deputy Speaker have strongly condemned the bomb blasts in Wah resulting in grave loss of lives. They described the bomb blasts as despicable and cowardly. They prayed for those killed in the blasts and for the speedy recovery of those injured. Meanwhile, soon after the blast the law-enforcement agencies arrested three suspected persons, one of them is stated to be 'cover-up' of the suicide bombers. The agencies also recovered a explosives-filled belt from a mosque situated just few yards away from the site of the blasts. The agencies have not yet unveiled the identification of these arrested persons. Staff Reporter from Peshawar adds: Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman has claimed responsibility for the double suicide attack in Wah. TTP spokesman Maulvi Omar told media here by telephone from Bajaur that the attack was a 'reaction to the ongoing military operation in Bajaur'. He again asked the government to stop military action immediately in Bajaur, otherwise similar attacks would be carried out throughout the country. AFP adds: "Our bombers carried out today's attack. It is in reaction to military operations in Swat and Bajaur," spokesman Maulvi Omar told AFP by telephone. "Similar attacks will be carried out in other cities of Pakistan including Lahore, Islamabad and Rawalpindi," he said.