Islamabad - Governor Gilgit-Baltistan and Minister of Kashmir Affairs Barjees Tahir said that the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif would soon perform the ground-breaking of Skardu-Jaglot Road.

Talking to media here on Saturday, the Governor GB said that work on the strategically important road could not be started in the past owing to the sheer negligence of successive governments. He said that the contract of the road would be given to a Chinese company while the NHA will be the collaborating partner.

Tahir said that the 85km long Skardu-Jaglot road will be completed with the estimated cost of Rs40 billion out of which 85 per cent of the money would be borne by Chinese Xam Bank as soft loan while the rest of 15 per cent would be arranged by the Government of Pakistan.

Terming the infrastructure role vital for the development of any country Governor GB said that PML-N government was working on a number of road networks to lay a state-of-the-art infrastructure across the country.

He said that after taking oath as governor G-B, his responsibilities have increased manifold and he has to work day in and day out to meet the expectations of the people of the area. He said that the present government was working on a war-footing to bring Gilgit-Baltistan at par with the rest of the country in terms of infrastructure development and overall economic growth.