KARACHI - The temperatures are dropping and we are getting dozens of requests every day for plastic sheets and blankets, both from families who are returning to their villages after vacating public buildings, and from people who simply moved to higher ground and are still waiting for water to recede, said an international agency providing relief in flood-hit areas of Sindh. In a statement issued on Friday, the International Organisation of Migration (IOM) said it will today (Saturday) take delivery at Karachi Port of 23 40-foot containers of aid for the flood victims donated by the UKs Department for International Development (DFID.) The aid, which includes 15,000 shelter kits, 15,000 pole sets, 36,000 wool blankets, 21,000 fleece blankets and 24,000 buckets, will help some 15,000 vulnerable, flood-affected families in Sindh, the IOM said. This shipment is particularly welcomed as it comes at a time when our emergency stocks are nearly exhausted, thousands of families still need our help and winter is fast approaching, said IOM Pakistan Emergency Operations Manager Tya Maskun. The IOM will serve as the consignee for the containers, arrange their onward shipment to Hyderabad in Sindh, and organise distribution of the aid through partner humanitarian agencies in the IASC emergency shelter cluster. According to the cluster, which is led by IOM, the government and aid agencies have already distributed emergency shelter to 361,839 needy families in Sindh and Balochistan flood-affected areas, but more than 75 per cent of total affected households are yet to receive any shelter assistance. According to the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), the floods have damaged or destroyed over 1.58 million houses in Sindh and approximately 26,000 houses in Balochistan. To date the IOM has provided over 31,000 flood-affected families in Sindh with emergency shelter and essential non-food relief items since August. KUs Master-Honours programmes reinstated: Karachi University has reinstated its BSc, BA, BCom (Honours) and two-year MA, MSc and MCom programmes from the academic year 2012 after following the four-year BS programme for four years. This was decided in a meeting of Academic Council, held on Friday at KU Admin Block under the chair of KU Vice Chancellor Prof Dr Pirzada Qasim. The admission for the academic session of 2012 was approved in the meeting. According to Convener to Academic Council and KU Pro Vice-Chancellor, Prof Dr Shahana Urooj Kazmi, No increase has been made in admission seats for any department, while the quota system will be ensured. No excess admission will be given, while credit hours of BS Honours and Masters have been increased to 126. As per the decisions of the meeting, additional four subjects will be excluded from the course; credit hours of 136 will be minimised to 126. Honours programme will take three years for completion while masters will be completed in two years. Last year, there was an increase in sports quota, while no excess admissions will be given on any type of quota. Admission Committee director Prof Dr Khalid Iraqi said that no external pressure would be tolerated in the admission campaign.