There are many parents who want their aspirations to be achieved by their children because their own desires had never been fulfilled. This puts their children under immense mental pressure. For example, if a kid does not get 100 percent marks, the integrity and ego of his or her parents might get hurt.

Every child is of a different nature and attitude, and that is why results vary. Parents need to understand this and not worry about the 2 percent that their child was not able to score, and start appreciating him for the other 98 percent. Such behaviour, which brings the child’s morale down, can also be blamed for numerous instances of child-suicide.

SARMAD ELAHI,

Lahore, September 26.