PESHAWAR The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government declared its 17 out of 25 districts as calamity-hit areas. He admitted that due lack of coordination among concerned departments, the notification, as announced by Chief Minister Ameer Haider Khan Hoti, was not timely issued in this regard. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister, Mian Iftikhar Hussain said this while briefing the journalists here at the Chief Ministers House on Sunday. He said that the cabinets meeting was convened today (Monday) and notification regarding the affected districts would be issued in the meeting. Replying to a query, he said that Chief Minister Ameer Haider Khan Hoti had made a simple announcement on August 1 that 17 districts would be declared as calamity-hit areas but the concerned authorities did not issue notification in this regard. The Provincial Government had stated that Swat, Shangla, Nowshera, Charsadda, Peshawar, Dera Ismail Khan, Tank, Kohistan, Upper Dir and Lower Dir were the worst affected districts where floods had damaged infrastructure and agriculture lands. Taking strong notice of the statements regarding construction of Kalabagh Dam, Mian Iftikhar said that Kalabagh was a controversial project and the supporters of the Dam wanted to submerge Nowshera, Peshawar, Swabi and Charsadda districts. He made it clear that not only Awami National Party was against the project but other parties had also rejected it. We will not allow anyone to submerge Peshawar Valley, he said, adding that the supporters of the Dam were not sincere with the country. However, he added that ANP was not against the construction of the big dams. Mian Iftikhar said that the Government was taking steps to prevent the banned organisations from collecting donations and carrying out relief activities in the flood-affected areas. The Government will not allow these organisations to conduct relief activities, the Minister said, adding that media should also expose the banned outfits activities. He said that the administrations in all districts had been ordered to closely watch activities of the banned organisations. He said that these groups were trying to win hearts and minds of the affected people. He said that the extremists were on the one hand trying to gain sympathies of the people while on the other hand they were reorganising themselves to carry out terror activities. He said that the Government would take stern action against those elements involved in selling and buying of the relief goods in the open market. This is a crime and both sellers and buyers are criminals, he remarked. He added that that such practices were distorting the countrys image. Regarding relief activities in the Province, Mian Iftikhar said that total 105630 tents had been distributed among the affected people in the Province. The Provincial Government, he said, has distributed 28,000 tents while UNHCR and the Federal Government also provided tents to the people. He said that despite huge distribution still there was shortage of the tents. He said that World Food Program had distributed 28,475 tons of food items among 38,242 families. He said that 972 schools had been converted into temporary camps while 86 additional camps had been set up where 15,042 families were being accommodated.