NEW DELHI (Agencies): Indian Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has said that registration of a First Information Report (FIR) in the Pathankot attack by Pakistan is not enough. “Registration of a case is merely a step ahead, but it won’t do. There should be serious investigation. Our effort is that they should take legal action to our satisfaction,” Parrikar said in an interview with NDTV. Following the attack India had accused militant group Jaish-e-Mohammad of being responsible for the attack. Pakistani authorities cracked down on the group, sealing a Jaish-run seminary in Sialkot and taking group leader Masood Azhar into protective custody. Later Pakistan said it was “considering sending a special investigation team to Pathankot in consultation with the government of India.”

Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said on Sunday that India had agreed to receive Pakistani investigators for probing its allegations about the involvement of some groups or people from Pakistan in the attack. Parrikar, who was banned from speaking to the media for six months for issuing controversial statements last year, reasserted that “India will hit back at terror groups in their own language.” adding that “those who inflicted pain on India will have to pay,” he said. “When, what and how it will be done will depend on our convenience,” he said. Talking about the mutual demilitarisation of Siachen glacier, Parrikar said no such question arises, noting that India occupies the higher peaks.