LAHORE - A man stabbed his wife to death yesterday suspecting her illicit relations with another man, police sources said.

Kalsoom, 40, was residing with Naseeb Ali in Amin Park area in Shafiqabad police station limits. Suspecting the mother-of-two was having an illicit relation with another man, Naseeb stabbed her multiple times at their house.

She was shifted to a nearby hospital where doctors pronounced her as brought dead. Police reached the spot and shifted the body to morgue.

After registering a case, police were conducting raids to arrest the husband.

Man killed in ‘police custody’: A young man breathed his last at Jinnah Hospital due to alleged torture of Gulberg Police, said uncle of the deceased yesterday.

Riaz, uncle of deceased, said Fakhar alias Farukh resident of Jhang district was arrested by Gulberg police on theft charges. Complainant Muhammad Yousaf a Chief Security Officer of Elahi Group of Companies lodged a complaint to police. On which police arrested the accused on February 4, and kept him in its illegal custody.

Investigation Officer Nawaz Cheema tortured him for eight days and produced him in court on Feb 12 and obtained physical remand from court. Uncle of the deceased claimed that his nephew was innocent and performing duty of office boy in the firm of Kamran Elahi and Azhar in Eden Tower Gulberg.

They alleged him of thieving Rs.18 lac cash from their office and handed him over to police. After arrest we immediately contacted police station and met with IO Nawaz Cheema who demanded Rs.60000 for relief in FIR, Riaz uncle of the deceased added. He said that we offered him Rs. 20 to 25000 but he refused to accept and threatened of dire consequences and torture. In the meanwhile Fakhar told me that he was passing through severe physical torture by the IO. Couple of days back accused was shifted to jail from where very next day shifted to Jinnah hospital when suddenly he fell ill. In hospital he breathed his last on Monday.

When contacted IO Nawaz Cheema he denied any physical torture and said that deceased was booked in a theft case and he recovered said amount from him.